body{background-attachment: fixed ! important; }

Sunday, December 18, 2011

Brad J. Nakatani RIP: 1975-2011

I don't really remember much about Brad. I have flashes of memory of what he looked like as a teenager, but that is about it. These kinds of things fade in the adult memory and usually only come back in times of celebration, recognition or tragedy.

Brad was a year behind me at Newport High. We really didn't share too many friends. Our paths hardly ever brushed.

We grew up in a similar area. We knew the same lame hangouts and probably even shrugged at the same lame teenage gossip. That was about it.

What I didn't know is that Brad would go on to become an avid cyclist like myself. I am sure if we had had the chance to meet again we would have instantly bridged the gulf of old cliques and circles... to our common love of cycles.


This could be any one of us, on any given day. Brad's family could be my family.

My deepest condolences.

Ride Safe. Drive Safer.

No comments:

Post a Comment