body{background-attachment: fixed ! important; }

Wednesday, September 1, 2010

Severe Weather and Taiwan Roads


My evening training rides have been pretty well scrapped for the week. Tantalizingly gorgeous mornings of sunshine have routinely deteriorated into afternoons of rain and drizzle.

I know it is only rain, and I don't mind it so much if I in in the middle of a ride and the skies open up, but the roads in Taiwan are just too unpredictable to risk a night ride on wet roads. After three days of riding in Taiwan I lost count of the number of near "incidents" I had. There are just too many surprises to worry about on wet roads to make riding in the rain worthwhile.

If people didn't drive like assholes, then maybe... but until then I will pass.

So, until it clears up a bit, by fitness will decrease. Eh!

No comments:

Post a Comment