body{background-attachment: fixed ! important; }

Monday, February 28, 2011

Short Sunday Ride to Feng Yuan


After a very busy Saturday in Taipei, it was nice to unwind with a short afternoon ride to Feng Yuan and back.


My wife had been asking to go for a ride with me all week, and when we finally had a chance it was tough to get out of the house. The motivation wasn't there. It happens to me a lot. It is the same pattern. I always feel a little trepidation before going for a ride and it could be so easy to blow it off. It could be....

I know this about myself and I also know, just like jumping into a swimming pool, it will quickly be the most enjoyable thing as soon as I get going.

Wouldn't you know it, as soon as we were on the bikes my wife was pedaling away with a big smile on her face. We simply cut through Taichung and out to Beitun for some lunch before going to Fengyuan.


It was a pretty hot afternoon and few people were on the roads despite the three day weekend.


Upon arriving in Feng Yuan we stopped for a refreshment before heading back to Taichung for a little bike business in the afternoon.

As we sat down to cool off, we noticed we were at a strange little intersection with lots of bike traffic. It was just a lot of fun to watch the bikes go by.




We came home on the Highway 3, and I stopped to take some pictures at the site of the old Ali Sai Village. Interesting area to say the least.

What a wonderful way to spend a Sunday afternoon.


No comments:

Post a Comment