"Taste? I have no taste..."
When I am out on my long rides I commit the sin of listening to music with headphones. I guess in Taiwan you get to a certain risk saturation point and you just can't add any more. Drivers are going to be nuts no matter what you do. I can still hear with headphones on... it just takes some common sense and awareness of your surroundings.
I have a biking folder of about 500 songs in iTunes and Autofill to make a random playlist. Music lets the mind wander to far off places and still focus on riding. It can be a welcome distraction at the right moment too. A little Journey can make the difference on a sustained 7% grade. I can do the music, but I can't do podcasts. Podcasts are just as bad as talking on a phone. They take my attention off the road. I sometimes just ride and laugh at some song or another that suits my taste. The thing is... I have no taste.
Anyone else do the same?
Here's the last 25 songs from Sunday's century. Just thought I'd share. :)
- Sheena Is A Punk Rocker--The Ramones
- No More Heroes--The Stranglers
- Nirvana--The Cult
- Nobody Is Innocent--The Sex Pistols (with Ronnie Biggs)
- Walk On By--The Stranglers
- Spinal Tap--Big Bottom
- Pour Some Sugar On Me--Def Lepard
- Arthur Theme--Christopher Cross
- Pictures of You--The Cure
- Particle Man--TMBG
- Knock Three Times--Tony Orlando
- Pistol Packin' Mama--Bing Crosby
- The Captain Of Her Heart--Double
- Mad Donna--T-Rex
- Sri Lanka Sex Hotel--Dead Milkmen
- Love Plus One--Haircut 100
- Magic--The Cars
- My Hooptie--Sir Mix A-Lot
- Dear God--XTC
- A Dozen Girls--The Damned
- Lady Luck--The Proclaimers
- Dance Hall Days--Wang Chung
- Bridge Over Troubled Water--Elvis Presley